Sunday, July 13, 2008

rock climbing

*This is a long draggy post. Can just read 1st and last paragraph =) Here goes!!

Oh no, my back.. Oh Noo, my arms!! I'm falling apart! Haha did the most happening thing in my life yesterday! It's beyound imagination that I would ever try something like that. Guess what guess what???? It's.. ROCK CLIMBING!!! Ahh! Cool sia!

Sang said she's going for a one-day course and asked if I want to join too. I considered for awhile.. Haha cos it's a 7-hr thing and and.. It's saturday! Can sleeeeeeep and all~ But it's really quite a rare opportunity so.. Finally accepted!

Reached Meridian JC about morning 10plus. The instructor gave us a short theory class, about what's rock climbing and the equipments needed. Then! We went outdoors to tryout 'Bouldering'! It's a shorter wall. And instead of climbing upwards, we try climb left to right. The little grips on the wall (each type have different names and I cant remember already!) are really little!! And cos the walls are shorter and have mattress below so anytime you cant climb further, you can just let go and fall back! Only a few tries my hands already tremble. Really very tiring! And have few cuts le.. =(

Soon it's lunchtime! We all had a break and start the.. HIGH WALL. Omg looks really high up. The bouldering I already cannot make it, imagine that tall thingy! The instructor thought us how to tie the ropes and this time we work in pairs! One climber, and one 'belayer' (not sure spelling- in charge of climber's safety =D Being the one below pulling and controlling the rope~) I was one of the belayers first! Quite fun also haha though just pulling ropes. But still quite chim stuff haha. The partner had few tries jiu give up le, say I try first. AND actually the wall I'm going to climb, the grips are much further apart, and have lesser grips. I just tried to climb and really scary! And stuck at the 3rd or 4th box. After that really stuck there trembling and cannot move. I was falling! I had to let go and come down. The feeling to let go really freaky. But after that its FUN. You'll float in mid air like Dragon Girl HAHA. Super shiok.

After that instructor said that wall is more for 'speed'. Haha and I get to see his students demo and fly up. Woo~ Anyway, I already too tired and cant move le. So I rested for quite some time >_< Most of them still kept climbing! Where did they get all that energy?? Young people.. haha. And Sang really power. She really likes excitement, and to challenge! She's the pro! One of the first few to reach the TOP! haha clap clap clap.

Anyway, very soon it's 4pm plus! (Class ends at 5pm) About 4.40pm I decided to give it a go! I wanted climb more but hands really tired -_-''. And I realise some cuts look abit suicidal. As if I ownself use penknife slash de O.o Haha. Ok cut short.

I REACHED THE TOP TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wa seh. WA SEHH!!! Really a miracle for me wahahaha. The wind is really shiok up there. And I only feel the height when I look down! It's about 4 floors high. And when I come down like Dragon girl again is really fun! The hanging in mid air is best =D Soon, lesson came to an end. And we took a group photo! Wonderful memory ^_^



Haha ok, enough said =p Have chance you try too!

No comments: