Wednesday, July 18, 2007

announcement

Announcement

haha very sorry. Took so long to say this! Ok ok cut short, i'm now working =) heh heh.. A banquet waitress at Hilton Hotel. Weee~!

Erm.. I know the job is TOTALLY irrelevant to what i'm studying. I also know this is my final year and should focus on my studies. .... But i donno. I really wish to work, do smth in the weekends. Make myself busy! >_< Not that i'm VERY free or i like to self-torture. haha BUT how should i explain??? Just hope to be more lively and hyper, than couch at home.. Hmm..

Anw, though it can be tiring at times, I don't regret working. Bcos so far i worked for 8 days already!! ( Only on weekends ) And every experience is somewhat different! =)

Interview Day

When my friend intro-ed me the job, i only know it's sort of waitress-ing. And nothing more! So just blur blur go there. Anyway it's damn funny. Cos i wore T-shirt and jeans and i wanted go toilet first b4 interview, so i went through MAIN ENTRANCE of Hitlon. Sort of everyone was looking at me. 'What is this little girl doing here?', 'Look at what she's wearing!!' etc omg. Damn paiseh. And i couldn't find the toilet!! Took the escalator from 1st til 3rd. NO TOILET!! All i see is shops, and rich people! Walked passed this 3 japanese tai tais (rich women) !!! COOL MAN. I want be Tai tai and go there for afternoon teas too!!!

Anw went to meet my friend. Told him i couldn't find the toilet! Thought he would lead me to relief myself.. End up he took me straight to the office!!! LUCKY i wasn't urgent. Or i'll turn into water fountain in the office.. The interviewer sounded quite strict. The people quite weird. O_O Well, they hired me on the spot. Working hours need wear their top uniform, wear own black skirt, bun up hair, but make up and lipstick, black shoes, stockings. OK.... zzzz.

23 June - First Day (5.30pm-11.30pm)

Was very excited and nervous. Bcos i'm a total 'noob'. And bun-ing hair wasn't easy!! The day before i kept practising but my hair look like grass. And i donno how make up!! I anyhow dig sis's stuff and apply. Stocking wore mum's. Ok lucky skirt and shoes managed got my own. Overall looked ready for work at least!

My first event was Dinner & Dance!! It's a company dinner, so they have a short talk. The whole thingy started off with a 'under the sea' performance! People in clam costume etc dance around haha. Then serve dinner they play 'Be our guest' from Beauty & the Beast! Then play games!! VERY interesting. Everybody had a whistle too. So from time to time u'll heaar 'pi pi pi' sounds. Starting before event started i thought is to signal waiter or smth, but haha no. They PLAY GAME!! Everyone very hip and sporty. Real participation. Every table will have a leader, then see who can come up with the following items first, run to stage and win points.

1) Put a coin in the leader's left ear
2) Roll two notes and put behind ear
3) Collect 3 handphones. No Nokia. haha
4) Put two belts over your body
5) One strand of white hair

The table i'm in charge damn cute. Cos the whole table is around 30s. Then this guy went next table want pluck an old guy's white hair but of cos wasn't allowed! Then another guy went to search his gf's hair haha. Cute man!

Other games: The room separated in 2 groups. Called themselves 'The Winners' and 'Nemo'(the theme of diner was under the sea). The host will play music, then see which group can come up to say what ad was it etc. Very interesting. Have their own idol singing competition. A hot lady also came in to perform- sing and dance. She wore a tube and super short skirt. SEXY! The whole dinner was quite high. There's a moment people were invited to the dance floor and dance! As if in clubs! They also form this very long human train and dance around. Amazing.

Work wise

Haha bcos it was my first day, i'm only in charge of refilling the drinks! Overall the job is ok! Only bad thing is my shoes. My feet turned sore due to the new shoes. It's not even high heels!! wth... And cos i had to keep walking across the room to refill my jars outside and walk back in to my tables.. i turned abit crabbishy. Feet CAN'T flex. HURTS!!! But the experience is fun. Kinda like service line. You smile at customers, they smile back. The feeling was nice.

Oh there was an indian guy, filming the event from time to time. He stood beside me. Slowly we started talking!! O_o Haha i asked him what does the company do etc. He patiently and excitedly tell me alot of things. Suddenly he also asked: How was your day? -Told him it was my first day! He was really nice. At the end he thanked me for my service too. wow~ very nice >_<

Partners and Fellow workmates

Ok. There was anthr guy who's 1st day too. So two of us in charge of around 8 tables! But focus drinks only. Got to know few other people and found out i'm the oldest among them, tho shortest. They couldn't really accept. One thought i was 14. ????? crap. Well overall everybody is nice. The interviwers whom i thought were weird, are actually nice people la haha.

Mainly is like this. Haha. It's late! SLEEP!!!!
Will share my other 7 work experiences next time!!! >_< wahaha.

Nitex.

No comments: